Friday, January 6, 2012

Fifty Two on Fridays




In a moment of madness I decided that it would be a good idea to set myself a photography challenge this year.

In the spirit of trying to not set the bar too high, I decided to borrow this little idea that I stumbled on last year.

A photo every Friday...my interpretation of the challenge word.

Of course the first was the most uncomfortable of all for me...A Self Portrait, ick!!

I am very uncomfortable in front of the camera, I always feel awkward, I can't manage to get my smile right, my face is sun damaged and really doesn't photograph well.
Here it is, my self portrait.

Writing this down just now makes me think about how few photos there are of me, alone, with my kids, with Sam...I won't have anything to look back on in fifty years. So with this in mind I also pledge to take a self portrait every month, for all of 2012.

Wish me luck on my photo challenges, feel free to join in...I'm certainly going to need encouragement to stay on track.

Happy New Year to all...may your 2012 be full of love, laughter, good health and mountains upon mountains of photos!!

No comments:

Post a Comment