Thursday, March 18, 2010

Too Much STUFF!!!

How is it that we manage to accumulate so much STUFF??

It feels like my house is bursting at the seams. Do we need it all?

Books, DVD's Magazines, Toys, Fabric, Kitchen Gadgets, Clothes.

Clutter clutter everywhere and not a spare storage spot to be found.

Toss it out. Feel guilty about the waste of money, resources, landfill space. Catch 22.

Operation craft room cleanup has stalled...Well, lets be honest...it's not really a craft room (that's just what I would like it to be). It's really the room in the house that seems to be a dumping ground for STUFF that doesn't go anywhere else. It does have my industrial sewing machine in it, and all my fabric. Not to mention all of Mr Pixies Warhammer and Flames of War STUFF!!
I have managed to move out any superfluous furtinure. I have packed alot of books and given alot of books away. I have gone through 2 boxes of fabric...just 2 more smallish ones to go. I have jettisoned quite a bit of fabric. Some will be going to Miss S's kinder. It's all the little things now. Things I need to find homes for. The details. The part I always find most difficult.
Perhaps I should take it all out into the backyard and decide what stays and what goes that way. Bring it back in bit by bit. Totally lacking in motivation. Well actually I have motivation, but I just don't have the will to do it. Call me lazy. Call me disheartened.
It's really not fair that I have to clean out to make room for Mr's miniatures, but he can't find time to help me. He certainly found time to fill an empty spot in the bookshelf with miniatures. How difficult is it to open a cupboard door and put your box of stuff in instead of just putting it on the floor at the foot of said cupboard???

Well, this has turned into a bit of a rant, hasn't it. Excuse me. I should expend some energy on the "craft room" now.
Wish me luck.




1 comment:

  1. Good luck with the room.. And I's present. I piked and bought something at PP!

    ReplyDelete