Thursday, September 10, 2009

who needs sleep...

apparently not my 9 month old.
So here I am at 6 in the morning, with one small being crawling around on the floor happy as. Obviously I was blessed with a child who doesn't need sleep...lucky me. She's been awake since 5 and I have tried everything I know to get her to go back to sleep. She may be happy to only have 8 hours sleep a night, and maybe I should just learn to go to bed when she does...but when does that leave time for me.
Is she teething?, is her cold making her grumpy when she lays down??
She slept incredibly well for the first 3 months of her life, then things started to go downhill and they've gotten progressively worse. The controlled crying route isn't an option for me...I just won't do it. However, the co-sleeping isn't working in our favour either. Maybe she needs space for herself, but everytime I think I want to try and get her to move to her cot she gets another cold. This kid has had soooo many colds. Her sister was such a healthy baby, and it's been a bit of a shock to the system to have to deal with so much snot and coughing from one so little.
I will end with this photo, just to remind me how beautiful she is and that this too shall pass. She is a precious gift, and such a delightful child most of the time. Enjoy her while she's so small. Love her with all my heart.
As I type this she has fallen asleep sitting on me...so I'm off to get a half hour rest before my day heads into top gear.
C.

No comments:

Post a Comment