Tuesday, September 1, 2009

I have rediscovered...

my sewing machine.

After clearing all the junk off my sewing machine I managed to clear just enough space to work and then I dug deep and found some creativity. I made this...
and this...
Birthday presents for a gorgeous little girl who turned one. The doll is "Pepper" from a pattern by Fiona Lech of Dear Fii. I think she looks a little like an alien with no arms...but still cute.
For the cushion I just used some ultrabond to attach the letters and added some cute little flowers with ribbons for stems...both quick and easy gifts.

This...
is a work in progress.
The Sophia Carry All from Amy Butler...it's certainly taking some patience, with all the interlining you need for structure. It's not something I have ever done before. I'm hoping to use it as a nappy bag if I ever finish it. All I have left to do is assemble the lining and stitch it in place, but only being able to work on projects after both girls have gone to bed leaves me with limited time, at a time when all I want to do is crawl into bed myself.
C has a bad habit of waking in the early hours of the morning, usually around 3, and deciding that it's time to play...until she fills her nappy and then a quick change and back to bed...I could be up with her anywhere from half an hour to 2 hours...and then she still wakes at her normal time in the morning. This generally occurs once or twice a week. Wish I knew where she keeps her stash of rocket fuel...I really need some.
And this...
is a lovely stack of fabric that I purchased in anticipation of some warmer weather. I especially love the yellow fabric in the middle, makes me thinks of daffodils and bright sunny days. I am hoping to get some tops and dresses made for the girls before Summer really kicks in. Before I can do that however, I need to finish a dress for a 21st Party in early October. Also a work in progress, can't show you any photos of that one...don't want to spoil the surprise.
And i still have a quilt to finish for C, although I'm thinking maybe I should add to it and make it into a single bed quilt, considering she doesn't sleep in her cot at all.
I also have a roll of fabric and lining sitting in my sewing room waiting to be made into drapes and a roman blind...it's been there since I was about 8 months pregnant with C. Obviously not high on the priority list...but is making for a very expensive obstacle to my bookshelf.
So much to do, so little time.

1 comment:

  1. Truly beautiful..Check out my blog..I have posted them too.. Have some comission for you..

    ReplyDelete