Saturday, September 12, 2009

For the longest time...

I have had a ridiculous desire to go out to Waubra and take photos of the wind turbines...

and so here they are...

I think the problem is that I'm completely bored with taking photos of my all too cute girls. How is this possible??? and I'm always on the look out for something other than them to photograph. I even asked my lovely man to set me a weekly photography challenge, and he agreed, but that was 3 weeks ago and there's been no challenge set!!! Oh well, I know he has other things to think about than indulging my hobby.

He did however indulge me by driving out to these lovely towers and trying to find the best roads to get as close to them as possible. Every time I see them it makes me think of War of the Worlds and I think they are about to come to life and start moving across the landscape. It was actually quite frightening being very close to them. We could hear the crackle of electricity passing through the lines right above us. Didn't seem to bother the sheep though, all they were concerned about was the strange woman leaning across the bonnet of her car taking photos.

Anyway...now that I've taken these my appetite for them has been sated...but not completely. I think I need to see them at dusk, or maybe dawn. Then my hunt will shift to something else. I really want to find an old shed in a paddock somewhere next!! It's always dicey though when your trying to get a small child to sleep in the car and there is every possibility that she will wake up if you stop to take photos, thus defeating the main purpose of the car ride.

No comments:

Post a Comment